Health, safety, environment
Alongside its long-term focus on environmental issues, the company is dedicated to occupational health and safety. Rimadesio has always been committed to creating, maintaining and improving a healthy and safe work environment for its employees and any third parties involved.
In all its business activities, Rimadesio prioritises the health and safety of its workers, as well as environmental protection. It is therefore dedicated to complying with the applicable legislative requirements and other provisions related to the environment and occupational health and safety. Rimadesio devotes a great deal of resources to monitoring and continuously improving the company's performance in terms of pollution prevention, environmental protection, and health and safety risks associated with the workplace and different activities.
Rimadesio has therefore identified several core principles and objectives to make its vision a reality, and is committed to sharing and promoting them throughout the organisation:
• Constantly identifying dangers in every activity in order to effectively adopt specific risk mitigation measures;
• Eliminating dangers and reducing risks, accidents and injuries, e.g. by way of thorough risk assessments of ordinary and extraordinary activities;
• Prevention and timely management of any accident or emergency through the implementation of specific procedures;
• Identifying environmental risks and opportunities to continuously improve the company's environmental performance;
• Constant monitoring and reduction of the environmental impact of the activities carried out;
• Raising awareness and involvement of all parties with regard to environmental protection and health and safety at work;
• Training and information for all staff on issues relating to health, safety and environmental protection;
• Promoting participation and consulting the workers and their representatives;
• Recognising the economic importance of investments for occupational health and safety and for environmental protection;
• Assigning responsibilities to internal and external collaborators in order to guarantee the achievement of the objectives related to workplace health and safety and environmental protection;
• Ensuring that the policy is correctly understood and implemented at all levels of the organisation, making it available to any interested parties;
• Assumption of an active role by top management in the promotion and oversight of all activities related to health, occupational safety and the environment, working in accordance with the Life Cycle Perspective.
With a view to consciously and comprehensively implementing these principles, Rimadesio undertakes to voluntarily adopt an integrated management system for the Environment and Health and Safety at Work, which allows for organisational management and control, in order to quickly comply with internationally recognised standards.